Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rugby Madness!!!! By Torin

In the nice, sunny weekend me and my team went to play rugby in Richmond. We were playing against Waimea Old Boys White. We are the Wanderers Gold team. The final score was 80 to15 to them. They are the hardest team in the competition. Every minute the Waimea team would score a try and then the score would go up higher!!! At half time we all got two lollies to keep our energy up, then half time was over and we played our hardest 30 minutes or so. In the second half I was just about to score a try when one of Waimea's boys tackled me and then I was on the ground for 3 minutes because a sprig went into my knee!

After the game I went home for two or 3 hours and then went up to our great, friendly grandad! When we were up at my grandad's house I saw my cousins and then we played my favourite game...MAN HUNT!!! I was the last survivor so I won!

2 comments:

Room 7 Brightwater School said...

A great story Torin because we liked all the detail you have added to make it interesting. Hamish liked the way you had who, what, how, when and why. Olivia liked you capital letters and exclamation marks and the adjectives. Darby's group also liked the different sentence starters, and different joining words, details and how it made sense and painted a picture in our minds.

Room 7 Brightwater School said...

great story Torin Hamish and jack both loved the title I think that it told a lot about the story. I liked the different sentence starters. great describing words. It helped the story come alive. I love the who,what,when,how,why. You did well finding those outstanding words.
from Jack and Hamish