Monday, August 07, 2017

8 year old breaks Kilimanjaro record

8 year old breaks Kilimanjaro record

August 2, 2017
An 8 year old named Roxy Getter has become the youngest girl to conquer Mount Kilimanjaro.
Roxy and her family, including her 10-year-old brother Ben, USA, tackled the 19,341-foot mountain earlier this month during a family vacation to Tanzania.
They had originally intended to sign up for a safari when a friend suggested they look into hiking up Mount Kilimanjaro.
The family has also never done an overnight camping trip before, and ended up spending nearly a week on the mountain.
Roxy spoke in a video on the day she completed the hike. “I made it up and that was hard. I was so tired. I could barely even walk,” she said. The same video shows their first day, where her mom Sarah comments that the tent was “a bit chilly.” The temperature was only seven degrees at the top.
MOUNT KILIMANJARO FACTS
Mount Kilimanjaro is a dormant volcano in Tanzania.
It is the highest mountain in Africa, and rises approximately 4,900 metres (16,100 ft) from its base to 5,895 metres (19,341 ft) above sea level.
The first persons known to have reached the summit of the mountain were Hans Meyer and Ludwig Purtscheller in 1889.
The mountain is part of the Kilimanjaro National Park and is a major climbing destination.

My opinion:
I think
I think
I think
I wonder 
I wonder
I wonder

No comments: