Monday, March 25, 2013

Great white shark By Callum

My dad's friend caught a GREAT WHITE SHARK  but it was only a small fellow but then he hooked the big one on his hook. Then his fishing rod and his line went in too.
I caught an 8lb snapper at Karamea with my friend Kase. I caught it off the beach and we got stuck in the drift car. Then we had to get my Dad's  Toyota to hook up a wire rope but it still didn't get it out. We ended up getting the tractor to roll it out. I filleted the fish with my pocket knife. Jacko got 3 hooks stuck in 3 fingers.
We also went white baiting and we caught some. We made white bait patties. Dad smoked the fish because he had a cooker in the back of his Toyota.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great descriptive story Callum. Awesome photo of you and Kase.
Mel (Callums Mum)

Anonymous said...

Great descriptive story Callum. Thats an awesome photo of you and Kase with your snapper. YUM.
Lucky boys!!
Mel (Callums Mum)

Anonymous said...

Great story and photo Callum. Hope you enjoyed the snapper

Anonymous said...

Great story Callum

Anonymous said...

Awesome story Callum. Im sure the whitebait would have been out of Uncle Toms freezer??

Anonymous said...

Awesome story Callum.

Room 7 Brightwater School said...

I love your story callum I like the bit when you talked about the great white shark. By Jack